The Higher Education Institute (HEI) Wellness Index
A comprehensive breakdown of HEIs mental health resources and initiatives, powered by Learning Labs.
Download the full report below.
- University of Essex, University of Roehampton and York St John University were the top performing universities.
- 98% of universities that responded stated they had a dedicated department for addressing mental health concerns.
- Over a third of the top performing HEIs in the social wellness domain were located in the south of England.
- 97% of universities that responded provide students with access to counselling / cognitive behavioural therapy.
Download the HEI Wellness Index
You will also receive access to a text only accessible version of the HEI Wellness Index
How did we create the HEI Wellness Index?
- Freedom of information (FOI) requests were issued to UK universities targeting each of the six areas of wellness: emotional, physical, motivational, intellectual, spiritual, and social.
- The data generated from the FOI responses related to each university’s wellbeing provision spanning the past five years. The request required institutions to complete a series of Y/N questions and provide relevant links to the publicly available information as a prerequisite to being included in this report. This data was then analysed at an individual and regional level to produce the HEI Wellness Index.
- Based on the data from 74 responding institutions, the universities have been ranked accordingly.
Who are eQuality Solutions?
The eQuality Solutions Group Limited (eQS) is a technology leveraged Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) specialist, offering expert support services and products across a growing portfolio of seven companies, one of which is Learning Labs.
eQS is focused on creating a more inclusive world through its disability services and DEI workplace divisions. The disability services division offers services including assistive technology equipment and training, non-medical help support as well as a digital platform for mental wellness development; whilst the DEI workplace division delivers full service consultancy on making the workplace more inclusive.